Africa Nazarene University 18th Graduation Ceremony will be held on Friday, October 30th 2015 at 9.00 a.m. The Vice Chancellor of Africa Nazarene University will confer Degrees and award Diplomas at the Graduation Square, Main Campus. The following are the instructions pertaining to graduands participation in the Graduation Ceremony:-
Each graduand must clear with the respective Department/School upon which he/she will receive a clearance certificate from the Registrar, if he or she does not owe any money to the University and pay a compulsory Graduation/Convocation fee of Ksh. 5000/=. Only those graduands who will have completed paying the fees due to the University by Friday 31st July, 2015 (if April 2015 was your last trimester) and Friday 18th September 2015 (if May 2015 will be your last trimester) will be allowed to graduate.
HIRE OR PURCHASE OF ACADEMIC DRESS
- The Academic dress will be available for hire at 1000/= between Monday, October 19th and Thursday, October 30th 2015 from the Registrar’s office at Main Campus from 11.00am to 4.00pm.
- Those intending to purchase the academic dress should contact the Deputy Registrar Academic, Main Campus for details.
Graduating students will be expected to make arrangements for their accommodation the night before graduation.
- The rehearsal is an integral part of the Graduation Ceremony.
- All Graduands intending to participate in the Ceremony must attend the Rehearsal on Thursday, October 29th, 2015 at 10.00 a.m. at the Graduation Square.
- Movement and Photography by graduands during the rehearsal is prohibited.
ATTIRE FOR BOTH REHEARSAL AND GRADUATION
- All graduands must be formally dressed and in full Academic Attire.
- The tassel of the Cap must be placed on the front right-hand side prior to Graduation; turn it to the front left-hand side immediately the Degree is conferred by the Vice Chancellor.
Seats for all the graduands are arranged and reserved by Department/School. Graduands will proceed to their seat as will be directed and occupy it throughout the Graduation Ceremony
Each graduand will receive three invitation cards for three guests. The cards will be issued at the Main Campus and no person without a card will be allowed into the Graduation Square on the Graduation Day.
Punctuality is essential for all Graduands and guests. Any graduand or guest who does not arrive at the Graduation Square on time will not be allowed to participate in the Ceremony within the Square.
Graduands’ guests are required to take their seats between 7.45a.m – 8.00 a.m. No person shall be allowed into or out of the Graduation Square thereafter until the end of the Ceremony.
CONDUCT DURING THE CEREMONY
- Graduation is a solemn event and must be appreciated with all the seriousness attached to it. Graduands are about to become a member of Africa Nazarene University alumni. You’re expected to be Christ – like and professional in the way you dress and silence must be maintained throughout the Ceremony.
- Movement and photography by graduands and guests are prohibited during the Ceremony. Everyone remains seated unless instructed otherwise.
- Each graduand must stand when his/her name is read by the respective Dean/Chair from the graduation list. The tassel of the Cap will that time be on the front right-hand side. After conferment of the Degree by the Vice Chancellor, all graduands will turn their tassel to the front left-hand side, bow/courtsey and sit down.
- Weather: Graduands and guests are advised to bring umbrellas and raincoats should the weather be unfavorable.
RETURN OF HIRED ACADEMIC DRESS
All hired items must be returned not later than Friday, November 6th 2015, otherwise a surcharge of Kshs. 500 per day or part thereof will be levied on items not returned by that date.
- All Diploma, Bachelor and Master Degree certificates will be available for collection from the Main Campus Examinations Office, with effect from Thursday, November 20th, 2015.
- The names on the degree certificate will appear as they are in the national ID/ Passport in the order of First name, Middle name and Surname. While collecting certificates, graduates must ensure that their names are correctly spelt because alterations will not be possible after the degree certificate has been collected.
- Certificates must be safely kept; Duplicates are never issued.
Every graduate must collect his/her certificate by Friday, February 19th, 2016. Any certificate not collected by this date will be liable to a storage charge of Kshs. 1000/= per year. For avoidance of doubt, any part of a year after the expiry of the collection date shall still attract a storage charge of Kshs. 1,000/=
Each Graduate is entitled to one set (transcript and certificate) of certified copies on the day of collection. Any subsequent copies will be done at a fee of Kshs.100/= per set.