Daystar University Scoops ‘Mr & Miss University Kenya’ Pageant Top Title

0
Above: Newly Crowned Mr. and Miss University Kenya, David Julius and Irene Jima pose for photos after being declared winners

The Mr. Daystar 2014-2015, David Julius has been crowned the Mr. University Kenya 2015 at a glamorous Mr. and Miss University gala night pageant at the Kenyatta International Conference Centre. He is the inaugural Mr. University Kenya titleholder as the previous six events only featured Miss University showdowns. Julius was up against 11 contestants from various universities in Kenya.

Rachael Matayen, Miss Daystar 2014-2015 on the other hand was in the run for the Miss University Kenya title. She finished among the top 6 finalists out of 14 counterparts. The winner of the Miss University title was Irene Jima; the reigning Miss United States International University.

Above: Newly Crowned Mr. and Miss University Kenya, David Julius and Irene Jima pose for photos after being declared winners
Above: Newly Crowned Mr. and Miss University Kenya, David Julius and Irene Jima pose for photos after being declared winners

All models vying for the titles began their campaign in early March. During this period, they received training, got involved in charity events and corporate social responsibility activities notably at GladKids Children Foundation in Dagoretti and at Nyumba ya Watoto in Diani. These activities formed part of the 60 per cent prejudging score while the remaining 40 per cent was garnered on the night.

During the gala, there was unlimited entertainment as each contestant did his or her best to display their Evening wear, African wear and Creative category outfits on the fashion runway. There was also a talent category, where David Julius confidently showcased his rapping and music producing talent while Rachael Matayen wowed the crowd with her acting talent. A question and answer segment from the judges was the last activity for the participants.

We Are Hiring!! Writer

Speaking to Infospot David Julius expressed great delight and gratitude to everyone in Daystar University for their support. “We have made it this far because of your support, but more and greater things lie ahead. I covet the same support all through,” he said. Julius was also grateful to God for enabling him emerge the winner. Rachael deemed it as an amazing experience that was challenging but worthwhile. “I am happy for David and his victory is also my victory. I count it as our win as Daystar family.” She said.

Comments

comments

We Are Hiring!! Writer

Comrade, Share your Thoughts Here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.