Today morning, via an executive order, his Excellency the president of the republic of Kenya, Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta has conducted a cabinet reshuffle. This has come at a time that his government is being accused of massive corruption from all angles & ministries you can think of. He had hinted to it at the start of the year and a few days ago & now he’s made his word real.
The affected people and ministries are;
- Amb. Amina C. Mohamed, EGH, has been reassigned from the Education ministry as a cabinet secretary to the Ministry of Sports, Culture and Heritage. Amina is said to have performed dismally as cabinet secretary (CS) Education compared to her being at the Foreign affairs docket. Some of the challenges she met include; the dismissal of the one laptop per child project as a flagship project for the jubilee government and the transition into a new education system from 8-4-4 system. However, she did manage to make sure over 90% transition rate in the 2018/2019 primary to secondary school enrollment.
- Prof. George A.O. Magoha, he has been nominated for the position of CS for the education ministry. He describes himself as a top grade Professor of Urological and Transplant Surgery since 2000 at the University of Nairobi. He was trained in Nigeria, Ghana, Ireland and United Kingdom. Magoha has had a long & seemingly prosperous stunt in the education sector having peaked it as the vice-chancellor at the university of Nairobi (UoN). He now serves as the chairperson of the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) where he’s been able to streamline its operations & bring in credibility to the national examination body that had been marred with irregularities in the past.
- MR. RASHID ECHESA MOHAMED, has been sacked as the CS under the Ministry of Sports, Culture and Heritage. Echesa who has been said to be uneducated has been replaced by Amb. Amina C. Mohamed. His record at the sports ministry has been very disappointing. Severally, citizens had called for him to be sacked, claiming he didn’t understand his mandate well.
- Ms. Susan N. Mochache, CBS, has been reassigned as principal secretary to the Ministry of Health.
- Mr.Ali Noor Ismail, CBS, has been reassigned as principal secretary to the State Department of Cooperatives.
- Dr. Ibrahim M. Mohamed, CBS, has been reassigned as principal secretary to the State Department of Environment & Forestry.
- Eng. Peter Kiplagat Tum, OGW, has been reassigned as principal secretary to the State Department of Labour.
- Dr. Margaret Mwakima, CBS, has been reassigned as principal secretary to the State Department of East African Community Affairs (EAC).
- Dr. Susan Koech, has been reassigned as principal secretary to the State Department of Wildlife.
- MRS. FATUMA HIRSI, has been sacked as principal secretary to the State Department of Broadcasting & Telecommunication.