Orange has launches the 5th edition of the Orange African Social Venture Prize. Following on from the success of the past four years, today Orange decided to launch the 2015 edition of its social entrepreneurship prize. Orange has been supporting African startups through business assistance to be entrepreneurs since 2010.
Once again this year, internet users can vote online for their favorite project on Orange’s entertainment portal in Africa, http://goo.gl/6DMRew. The winner of the “favorite project” will have its project submitted to the jury along with the others finalists shortlisted by the experts and will therefore have the maximum possible chance of being among the top three winners for 2015. To benefit your startup from this 5th initiative, one has until 18th September, 2015 to submit their project.
The rewards of the 2015 5th edition of the Orange African Social Venture Prize include 50,000 EUR in grants.
The prize will award three projects with grants of:
- 10,000 EUR
- 15,000 EUR
- 25,000 EUR
In addition, the three winners will benefit from;
- A six-month support package from entrepreneurship and ICT experts
- The first prize will be offered a patent submission in the country of the project’s deployment
The prize giving will take place during the AfricaCom Awards ceremony on November 18th in Cape Town (South Africa).
Maximize your chance to win by becoming the “favorite project” on Orange African Social Venture Prize”
Who can Enter?
- Any entrepreneur (aged 21 or over) or legal entity that has been in existence for fewer than three years at the time of the competition may participate at no cost and with no restriction on nationality.
- Submitted projects must be designed to be deployed in at least one of the African countries in which Orange operates and must use information and communications technology in an innovative way (based on new technologies) to help improve the living conditions of the populations in these countries.
- A student/an employee/a developer/an entrepreneur
- Have a social entrepreneurship project
Where to Register?
Applications are accepted from 21 May to 18 September 2015 (23:59 GMT) on Orange’s pan-African web portal, http://goo.gl/6DMRew.