Dedan Kimathi University of Technology (DeKUT) is holding The second DeKUT International conference on Science, Technology, Innovation and Entrepreneurship which will be held on 2nd – 4th November 2016 at DeKUT at the main campus Nyeri Kenya. The Conference Theme will be “Sustaining Development through Science, Technology, Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
In order to fulfill its role of enhancing science, technology, innovation and entrepreneurship to stimulate economic growth, as well as meeting the aspirations of the Kenya Vision 2030 of transforming Kenya into a globally competitive, newly industrialized, middle-income country, DeKUT is organizing the Second International Conference on Science, Technology, Innovation and Entrepreneurship that is expected to draw participation from around the globe.
The objectives of the conference are to:
- Provide a forum for research peers from local and international institutions to discuss, share and publish research information.
- Provide a forum that will allow improvement of the University’s approach to National sustainable development oriented scientific research as it strives to remain a premier technological university.
- Provide an opportunity for the industry to interact with researchers and innovators through exhibitions.
- Provide a forum through which the University staff will disseminate their research findings and showcase their innovations to the society.
- Provide a forum that will allow research students from different countries to interact with each other.
Conference Sub Themes
- Engineering Technologies and Innovations for Industrialization.
- Business Management and Entrepreneurship for Sustainable Development.
- Basic and Applied Sciences for Advancement of Research and Innovations.
- Innovative Agricultural Sciences and Technologies for Sustainable Food Production and Food Security.
- Water, Energy, Environment and Climate Change.
- Information and Communication Technology for Development
- Policy, Governance, Cultural and Socio-Economic Aspects for Competitive Advantage.
- Security Trends and Innovations.
- Trends in Technical Education and Training.
How to Apply
Application for participation in the conference can be made by completing the provided registration form. Abstracts can be prepared using the abstract template provided. Electronic copies of the registration form and abstracts should be submitted to the conference secretariat via e-mail: email@example.com
The deadline for submission of abstracts is 6th May, 2016. The abstract should outline the aims, methodology, results, discussion and conclusions. It should include the title, the name(s) of the author(s), affiliation, mailing address, e-mail address and telephone contacts. Authors should also state the sub-theme and indicate their preference for oral or poster presentation. The deadline for acceptance of full papers will be 12th August, 2016. Guidelines for the full papers will be provided in due course.
Selected papers will be published in the Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology for Development.
There will be facilities and space at the conference venue for organizations and individuals to exhibit products and disseminate information relevant to the conference theme.
Hotel accommodation is available in Nyeri Town at a price range of KES 3,000 -12,000 (US$ 30-120) per person half board. Booking can be facilitated through the conference secretariat on prior request.
Deadline for Abstract Submission 6th May, 2016 Notification of Abstract Acceptance 3rd June, 2016 Early Bird Registration By 29th July, 2016 Normal Registration By 14th October, 2016 Late Registration After 14th October,2016 Deadline for Submission of Full Papers with Revised Abstracts 12th August, 2016 Deadline for Exhibition Registration 14th October, 2016 Conference Dates 2nd-4th November, 2016
For more information about the confrene visit their email which is firstname.lastname@example.org