Moi university has joined the University of Nairobi and Egerton university in the digital world. The university via their website published a notice directed to all students informing them that the online portal enhancing registration exercise is now fully functional. The students Management information system is one of a kind and will allow students to apply for courses and programmes online.
The recent activity at the varsity only comes months after it hit the headlines winning the Jubilee Government’s Laptop tender. The university got a joint tender with Jomo Kenyatta university of Agriculture and technology to feed digital content into the mini laptops to be issued to the primary school pupils across the country.
Prior to the new development, the university had also opened up a portal to enhance online booking of rooms by the students. The institution was the first to establish such a digital accomplishment within the higher learning sector in the country.
The system is envisaged to accomplish the following and enable the students (Prospective, New and Continuing) to:
- Apply for Courses and Programmes Online
- Register and get admission through the system
- Register for Courses online through the student portal.– Will be rolled out before by 25th May 2016 and ALL Students (In Session) will be expected to register for Courses Online.
The system will be rolled out in phases until all modules are completed. Once completed the system will have the following modules to be used by the University Staff, Students and Alumni:
- Online Student Application Module —> Now Online
- Registration and Admission Module—> Now Online
- Student Portal —> Now Online
- Hostels and Accommodation Module –> Now Online
- Student Finance Module
- Examination and Processing Module
- Student Lecturer and Course Evaluation Module
- Graduation Module
- Graduation Module
- Timetabling Module
- Student Health (Clinic) Module
- Employer Portal
- Alumni Module
In the first Phase, the students currently being admitted should ensure they get new Registration Numbers through the system. The students should go online and update their details as follows:
Current PSSP Students who reported on 9th May 2016 in Campuses
- Check the link ‘I have manually Registered at the School’
- Click and Search himself or herself using the Mobile Phone Numbers they provided during application
- Update the Details and Create their account.
- login and wait to be admitted into the system
- New students who had not submitted their application are advised to do so online at the link ‘I am completely New’
They then make the application to the Programmes of their choice and create an Account.
Continuing Students reporting back as from 9th May 2016 in all Campuses
Continuing students are expected to go online and under ‘Continuing Students link’ search their details using Registration number, update their details and Create an account. This account will be used in registering for courses online.