President Uhuru Kenyatta Sends Warning to Babu Owino

0
Babu Owino

President Uhuru Kenyatta has accused Embakasi East MP Babu Owino of alleged threats issued to residents of Kayole regarding the upcoming poll.

In a Monday morning interview that was simultaneously broadcast by several radio stations, the President maintained that the October 26th election must go on as planned warning those planning to cause violence.

He stated: “I do not want to name the area MP (Babu Owino) but let him try what he is planning and he will know there are men in this country.

“He can insult me all he wants; I have no problem with that. He should not try to visit violence on the people,” he went on to add.

The Jubilee Party leader dismissed the National Super Alliance’s (NASA) declaration that there will be no election on the set date.

He maintained that the withdrawal of NASA candidate Raila Odinga did not render the election illegitimate.

He expressed confidence that Jubilee would register a high turnout and make the former Prime Minister’s withdrawal irrelevant.

“If our turnout is over 55 percent, that will be sufficient even if the other 45 percent does not turn up,” Mr Kenyatta stated.

Babu was recently in Court where he was charged with “causing disaffection against the Presidency”. This was after he made derogatory remarks believed to be targeting President Kenyatta at a NASA rally.

In an exclusive conversation with Kenyans.co.ke last week, Dagoretti North MP Simba Arati claimed police bosses in Nairobi had received orders from above to arrest him and Owino and later inject them with chemicals once in custody.

Comments

comments

Comrade, Share your Thoughts Here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.