You can’t stop an idea whose time has come. So they say. That’s why Business Daily will bring your ideas to fruition through The Next Big Thing 2014 Competition(TNBT). The competition, now in its 4th Edition, is about helping you make your idea come to life through support, sponsorship and mentorship. 10 great ideas will be picked by a panel of experts who will then guide the participants on how to present thier idea to the business gurus and investors.
You can’t stop an idea whose time has come
The 12 categories in the TNBT competition include:
1. Agribusiness and Agriprocessing
2. Business and Professional Service
4. Marketing and Communication
5. Transport and Logistics
6. Tourism and eco tourism
7. Sports, leisure and entertainment
8. Health and nutrition
9. .Renewable Energy
11. Water and Sanitation
Cash Prizes and Grants
The main prize for this competition is a chance to pitch your ideas to investors for mentorship, support and investment. This opportunity will be awarded to the top 10 finalists.
The Business Daily
In this edition of The Next Big Thing, The Business Daily will:
- Award a cash prize of USD 3,000 to the best idea in the Media category
- Offer legal and advisory services through business forums to all the 10 finalists
- Showcase all the 10 finalists and their selected ideas inn a special pullout in the Business Daily and a TV Show on NTV
Kenya Climate Innovation Center
The Kenya Climate Innovation Center (CIC) have sponsored the categories below:
- Agribusiness and Agriprocessing
- Renewable energy
- Water and Sanitation
The Kenya CIC will provide advisory services, training and grants to the top selected ideas that fall in the above categories to the tune of USD 90,000 and where necessary a proof of concept grant of USD 25,000 . For more information about CIC, kindly log on to www.kenyacic.org
Nailab will provide incubation for the top two finalists in the ICT category. For more information about Nailab, kindly log on to www.nailab.co.ke.
Kenyatta University will provide business incubation at the Chandaria Business Innovation and Incubation Centre to the top three ideas of their choosing. For more information about the incubation center, kindly log on to www.ku.ac.ke/chandaria-biic/
Kenyatta University and Nailab will offer incubation for at least 6 months for selected top ideas.
TNBT Activations/launches will be held at the following places:
1. Thika Road Mall (TRM) – 1st Nov
2. Moi University- Eldoret – 3rd- 4th Nov
3. Maseno University – 5th-6th Nov
4. University of Nairobi (Main Campus) – 10th – 11th Nov
5. Strathmore University – 12th -13th Nov
There shall only be one stage. Participants will be expected to give their bio and contact details. The idea ‘details’ will be given as per the Evaluation Criteria.
So, do you think your idea is The Next big Thing? If Yes, sign up HERE on the online platform and submit your idea. Who knows, you might just be The Next Big Thing!
Your time is now.